reach the classification of the 'products', click here.
The classification of the 'services' distributed in 11 classes
(numbered from 35 to 45).
While clicking on one or the other of the titles of these
classes you will reach the details of the selected section
Class 35 - Advertising
Class 36 - Insurance, financial affairs
Class 37 - Building construction, repair,
Class 38 - Telecommunications
Class 39 - Transport, packaging and
storage of goods
Class 40 - Treatment of materials
Class 41 - Education, providing of
Class 42 - Scientific and technological
Class 43 - Services for providing food
and drink, temporary accommodation
Class 44 - Services for providing food
and drink, temporary accommodation
Class 45 - Personal and social services,
CLASS 35 - Advertising; business management; business
administration; office functions.
Class 35 - Explanory note :
Class 35 includes mainly services rendered by persons or organizations
principally with the object of:
(1) help in the working or management of a commercial undertaking,
(2) help in the management of the business affairs or commercial
functions of an industrial or commercial enterprise, as well
as services rendered by advertising establishments primarily
undertaking communications to the public, declarations or announcements
by all means of diffusion and concerning all kinds of goods
Class 35 includes, in particular :
- The bringing together, for the benefit of others, of a variety
of goods (excluding the transport thereof), enabling customers
to conveniently view and purchase those goods;
- Services consisting of the registration, transcription, composition,
compilation or systematization of written communications and
registrations, and also the exploitation or compilation of mathematical
or statistical data;
- Services of advertising agencies and services such as the
distribution of prospectuses, directly or through the post,
or the distribution of samples. This Class may refer to advertising
in connection with other services, such as those concerning
bank loans or advertising by radio.
Class 35 does not include, in particular :
- The activity of an enterprise the primary function of which
is the sale of goods, i.e., of a so-called commercial enterprise;
- Services such as evaluations and reports of engineers which
do not directly refer to the working or management of affairs
in a commercial or industrial enterprise (consult the Alphabetical
List of Services).
CLASS 36 - Insurance; financial affairs; monetary affairs; real
Class 36 - Explanory note :
Class 36 includes mainly services rendered in financial and
monetary affairs and services rendered in relation to insurance
contracts of all kinds.
Class 36 includes, in particular :
- Services relating to financial or monetary affairs
comprise the following:
(a) services of all the banking establishments, or institutions
connected with them such as exchange brokers or clearing services;
(b) services of credit institutions other than banks such as
co-operative credit associations, individual financial companies,
(c) services of "investment trusts," of holding companies;
(d) services of brokers dealing in shares and property;
(e) services connected with monetary affairs vouched for by
(f) services rendered in connection with the issue of travellers'
cheques and letters of credit;
- Services of realty administrators of buildings, i.e., services
of letting or valuation, or financing;
- Services dealing with insurance such as services rendered
by agents or brokers engaged in insurance, services rendered
to insured, and insurance underwriting services.
CLASS 37 - Building construction; repair; installation services.
Class 37 - Explanory note :
Class 37 includes mainly services rendered by
contractors or subcontractors in the construction or making
of permanent buildings, as well as services rendered by persons
or organizations engaged in the restoration of objects to their
original condition or in their preservation without altering
their physical or chemical properties.
Class 37 includes, in particular :
- Services relating to the construction of buildings,
roads, bridges, dams or transmission lines and services of undertakings
specializing in the field of construction such as those of painters,
plumbers, heating installers or roofers;
- Services auxiliary to construction services like inspections
of construction plans;
- Services of shipbuilding;
- Services consisting of hiring of tools or building materials;
- Repair services, i.e., services which undertake to put any
object into good condition after wear, damage, deterioration
or partial destruction (restoration of an existing building
or another object that has become imperfect and is to be restored
to its original condition);
- various repair services such as those in the fields of electricity,
furniture, instruments, tools, etc.;
- Services of maintenance for preserving an object in its original
condition without changing any of its properties (for the difference
between this Class and Class 40 see the Explanatory Note of
Class 37 does not include, in particular :
- Services consisting of storage of goods such
as clothes or vehicles (Cl. 39);
- Services connected with dyeing of cloth or clothes (Cl. 40).
CLASS 38 - Telecommunications.
Class 38 - Explanory note :
Class 38 includes mainly services allowing at
least one person to communicate with another by a sensory means.
Such services include those which:
(1) allow one person to talk to another,
(2) transmit messages from one person to another, and
(3) place a person in oral or visual communication with another
(radio and television).
Class 38 includes, in particular :
Services which consist essentially of the diffusion
of radio or television programmes.
Class 38 does not include, in particular
Radio advertising services (Cl. 35).
CLASS 39 - Transport; packaging and storage of goods; travel
Class 39 - Explanory note :
Class 39 includes mainly services rendered in
transporting people or goods from one place to another (by rail,
road, water, air or pipeline) and services necessarily connected
with such transport, as well as services relating to the storing
of goods in a warehouse or other building for their preservation
Class 39 includes, in particular ::
- Services rendered by companies exploiting stations,
bridges, rail-road ferries, etc., used by the transporter;
- Services connected with the hiring of transport vehicles;
- Services connected with maritime tugs, unloading, the functioning
of ports and docks and the salvaging of wrecked ships and their
- Services connected with the functioning of airports;
- Services connected with the packaging and parcelling of goods
- Services consisting of information about journeys or the transport
of goods by brokers and tourist agencies, information relating
to tariffs, timetables and methods of transport;
- Services relating to the inspection of vehicles or goods before
Class 39 does not include, in particular
- Services relating to advertising transport undertakings
such as the distribution of prospectuses or advertising on the
radio (Cl. 35);
- Services relating to the issuing of travellers' cheques or
letters of credit by brokers or travel agents (Cl. 36);
- Services relating to insurances (commercial, fire or life)
during the transport of persons or goods (Cl. 36);
- Services rendered by the maintenance and repair of vehicles,
nor the maintenance or repair of objects connected with the
transport of persons or goods (Cl. 37);
- Services relating to reservation of rooms in a hotel by travel
agents or brokers (Cl. 43).
CLASS 40 - Treatment of materials.
Class 40 - Explanory note ::
Class 40 includes mainly services not included
in other classes, rendered by the mechanical or chemical processing
or transformation of objects or inorganic or organic substances.
For the purposes of classification, the mark is considered a
service mark only in cases where processing or transformation
is effected for the account of another person. A mark is considered
a trade mark in all cases where the substance or object is marketed
by the person who processed or transformed it.
Class 40 includes, in particular :
- Services relating to transformation of an object
or substance and any process involving a change in its essential
properties (for example, dyeing a garment); consequently, a
maintenance service, although usually in Class 37, is included
in Class 40 if it entails such a change (for example, the chroming
of motor vehicle bumpers);
- Services of material treatment which may be present during
the production of any substance or object other than a building;
for example, services which involve cutting, shaping, polishing
by abrasion or metal coating.
Class 40 does not include, in particular
Repair services (Cl. 37).
CLASS 41 - Education; providing of training; entertainment;
sporting and cultural activities.
Class 41 - Explanory note :
Class 41 covers mainly services rendered by persons
or institutions in the development of the mental faculties of
persons or animals, as well as services intended to entertain
or to engage the attention.
Class 41 includes, in particular :
- Services consisting of all forms of education
of persons or training of animals;
- Services having the basic aim of the entertainment, amusement
or recreation of people;
- Presentation of works of visual art or literature to the public
for cultural or educational purposes.
CLASS 42 - Scientific and technological services and research
and design relating thereto; industrial analysis and research
services; design and development of computer hardware and software;
Class 42 - Explanory note :
Class 42 includes mainly services provided by
persons, individually or collectively, in relation to the theoretical
and practical aspects of complex fields of activities; such
services are provided by members of professions such as chemists,
physicists, engineers, computer specialists, lawyers, etc.
Class 42 includes, in particular :
- The services of engineers who undertake evaluations,
estimates, research and reports in the scientific and technological
- Scientific research services for medical purposes.
Class 42 does not include, in particular
- Business research and evaluations (Cl. 35);
- Word processing and computer file management services (Cl.
- Financial and fiscal evaluations (Cl. 36);
- Mining and oil extraction (Cl. 37);
- Computer (hardware) installation and repair services (Cl.
- Services provided by the members of professions such as medical
doctors, veterinary surgeons, psychoanalysts (Cl. 44);
- Medical treatment services (Cl. 44);
- Garden design (Cl. 44).
CLASS 43 -
Services for providing food and drink; temporary accommodation.
Class 43 - Explanory note :
Class 43 includes mainly services provided by
persons or establishments whose aim is to prepare food and drink
for consumption and services provided to obtain bed and board
in hotels, boarding houses or other establishments providing
Class 43 includes, in particular ::
- Reservation services for travellers' accommodation,
particularly through travel agencies or brokers;
- Boarding for animals.
Class 43 does not include, in particular
- Rental services for real estate such as houses,
flats, etc., for permanent use (Cl. 36);
- Arranging travel by tourist agencies (Cl. 39);
- Preservation services for food and drink (Cl. 40);
- Discotheque services (Cl. 41);
- Boarding schools (Cl. 41);
- Rest and convalescent homes (Cl. 44).
CLASS 44 - Medical services; veterinary services; hygienic
and beauty care for human beings or animals; agriculture, horticulture
and forestry services.
Class 44 - Explanory note :
Class 44 includes mainly medical care, hygienic
and beauty care given by persons or establishments to human
beings and animals; it also includes services relating to the
fields of agriculture, horticulture and forestry.
Class 44 includes, in particular :
- Medical analysis services relating to the treatment
of persons (such as x-ray examinations and taking of blood samples);
- Artificial insemination services;
- Pharmacy advice;
- Animal breeding;
- Services relating to the growing of plants such as gardening;
- Services relating to floral art such as floral compositions
as well as garden design.
Class 44 does not include, in particular :
- Vermin exterminating (other than for agriculture,
horticulture and forestry) (Cl. 37);
- Installation and repair services for irrigation systems (Cl.
- Ambulance transport (Cl. 39);
- Animal slaughtering services and taxidermy (Cl. 40);
- Timber felling and processing (Cl. 40);
- Animal training services (Cl. 41);
- Health clubs for physical exercise (Cl. 41);
- Scientific research services for medical purposes (Cl. 42);
- Boarding for animals (Cl. 43);
- Retirement homes (Cl. 43).
CLASS 45 - Personal and social services rendered by others to
meet the needs of individuals; security services for the protection
of property and individuals.
Class 45 includes, in particular :
- Investigation and surveillance services relating
to the safety of persons and entities;
- Services provided to individuals in relation with social events,
such as social escort services, matrimonial agencies, funeral
Class 45 does not include, in particular
- Professional services giving direct aid in the
operations or functions of a commercial undertaking (Cl. 35);
- Services relating to financial or monetary affairs and services
dealing with insurance (Cl. 36);
- Escorting of travellers (Cl. 39);
- Security transport (Cl. 39);
- Services consisting of all forms of education of persons (Cl.
- Performances of singers or dancers (Cl. 41);
- Legal services (Cl. 42);
- Services provided by others to give medical, hygienic or beauty
care for human beings or animals (Cl. 44);
- Certain rental services (consult the Alphabetical List of
Services and General Remark (b) relating to the classification
reach the classification of the 'products', click here.